Information we collect
As a general rule, information that can directly identify a customer or online visitor is collected only when offered by the visitor voluntarily and on an informed basis.
In order to provide you with the services that you have requested, we may need to collect and use personal information about you from time to time. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide you with our services. The type of information we collect and handle normally includes names, addresses, phone numbers and other contact details.
Purpose of collection
We may need to collect personal information so we can:
- identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives;
- inform you or others of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you or them
- inform you or others about our goods and services and the benefits of being a member of the Power Golf member or customer;
- provide you or others with information about offers, sales, products or other benefits that may become available from time to time;
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and/or services;
- carry out billing and/or debt recovery activities
- carry out our management, administrative quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner
We generally do not need to collect sensitive information about you or others. However, where we are required to and it is practicable to do so, we will seek your consent before collecting your sensitive information and inform you of the purpose at the same time.
Use of personal information
We will use personal information:
- to identify individuals and protect them from unauthorised access to their personal information, accounts or services;
- to improve our services to you or others;
- to keep you or others informed of Power Golf offerings or news about Power Golf;
- for the purpose for which it was collected, or for a related purpose (or a directly related purpose in the case of sensitive information) that the individual concerned would reasonably expect from us;
- for other purposes permitted, required or authorised by or under law; and
- for any other purpose, where an individual has consented to its use for that purpose.
Except where indicated above, we will not disclose personal information to a third party unless:
- the disclosure is for a primary purpose for which the information was collected;
- the individual concerned has consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our agent or contractor, in which case we will require them to disclose and to use the personal information only for the purpose for which it was disclosed;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the third party is a credit reporting agency, your creditor, banker, financier, credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a threat to your life or health or that of another person;
- the disclosure is to a related body corporate;
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We may use personal information to advise the individual concerned of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to them. This may include product offerings, sales, newsletters and general information about Power Golf.
Those who prefer not to receive information about our services can contact our Privacy Officer to be removed from the relevant circulation list. Contact details for our Privacy Officer appear at the end of this policy.
We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or service on an individual, unless individuals have expressly consented to that disclosure.
We may require written confirmation of a request to be removed from our circulation list, for example where legislation requires us to provide particular communications to the individual concerned.
Quality & correction
At all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
Security of Your Personal Information
Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their business responsibilities.
We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of paper records containing personal information.
Our staff are responsible for handling personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. We educate our staff about the requirements of the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act.
We will keep your information so that we can continue to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies.
Cookies are unique identification numbers like tags that are placed on the browser of our website users. The cookies do not in themselves identify users personally, but are linked back to a database record about them.
- the address of a user’s server;
- a user’s top level domain (such as .com. or .au);
- the date and time of a user’s visit;
- the pages a user accessed and downloaded;
- the search engine a user used;
- what type of browser was used.
When a user visits our site a cookie may be placed on their machine. Where a user has visited us before the cookie may be read each time they re-visit the site. We do not use this technology to access any other personal information of a user in our records and a user cannot be personally identified from a Cookie.
If a user chooses not to have their browser accept cookies from our site, they will still be able to view the text on their screens.
If You Have A Complaint
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately.
If you have a complaint about the privacy of your personal information, we ask that you write to us. We will promptly acknowledge and investigate complaints. At all times we will respect and protect the privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
Power Golf Pty Ltd
48 O’Riordan Street
Alexandria NSW 2015
or by Telephone or Facsimile:
61 2 9698 3388
61 2 9698 3366